Report a road traffic incident here

Say thanks or make a complaint here

By phone


Call 999 if:

  • a serious offence is in progress or has just been committed
  • someone is in immediate danger or harm
  • property is in danger of being damaged
  • a serious disruption to the public is likely

Text 999 in an emergency. You need to register for the service first: text 'register' to 999 and follow the instructions. Visit emergencySMS for more information about the service.

If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000.


Call 101* for non-emergency enquiries.

* Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles, no matter how long you're on the phone.

Live chat

You can use live chat to contact us between 8am and midnight to:

  • Give police information about their local area 
  • Get an update on a crime they have already reported 
  • Ask for advice

Video calling for the deaf

A British Sign language (BSL) user can connect to a BSL interpreter via video calling system SignVideo.

The interpreter will relay what you say to the police and vice versa.

This service is to report non-urgent incidents or crimes, or to ask the police for advice and information. It's not for emergencies.

How to use SignVideo

  1. click link to download the live video plugin; you won't need to register
  2. connect to a SignVideo interpreter and tell them you are calling the police 101 number
  3. the SignVideo interpreter may ask if you want to prepare anything before starting the call
  4. you'll then be connected to a 101 advisor via the interpreter

Other ways to get in touch if it isn't an emergency:

For general enquiries, please send a letter to:

Greater Manchester Police
Openshaw Complex
Lawton Street
M11 2NS

Or contact us via social media:

Before reporting a crime

The following things aren't police matters, but your local council ought to be able to help with them:

For vehicles on the road with no valid road tax, contact the DVLA.

Before you call

So that we can deal with your call as quickly as possible, please try to have the following:

  • the date and time the crime happened
  • the location, such as address or road name along with the town or city
  • the details of any witnesses or suspects
  • if you think there is any additional evidence such as forensic evidence or mobile phone footage; or if there is clear CCTV footage of the offence being committed, please make us aware

Anti-terrorist hotline

Call the UK anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321 if you've seen or heard something you think could suggest terrorist activity.

Stay anonymous – Crimestoppers

Contact Crimestoppers either online or on 0800 555 111 to anonymously report a crime or suspicious behaviour.

Contact our press office

If you're an accredited journalist and need to contact our press office, please call 0161 856 2220 or email us.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station or contact point using the search box below.


Showing results for